Friday, September 18, 2009

The Fruit of the Spirit



"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.  And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galatians 5:222-25 NKJV

Jesus Christ is a fruitful vine.  His Spirit lives in me, therefore I will bear fruit as I abide in Him and follow His lead.  I am pressing closer today to Him, paying attention to every opportunity to grow in character.  I am God's child and His nature is in me.  I am growing in the nature and character of my spiritual heritage.  If I'm patient and keep hanging onto that vine, I will bear fruit that will feed others and glorify the Lord.

No comments: