Monday, April 27, 2009

Dwelling In The Secret Place


I dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High, living securely in Him, and I am actively remaining under the shadow of the Almighty. The LORD is my refuge and my fortress; His Name is my strong tower. He alone is My God, and I trust in Him. I do not trust in any man-made or self-made things to protect me, nor do I trust in any other gods to keep me safe.

Without a doubt, the Lord is constantly delivering me from any kind of deception or trap, from the enemies that seek to kill and devour me; He is keeping me safe from the perilous pestilence that lurks in the darkness. He always covers me with His feathers, and under His wings I take my refuge at all times; His truth is my shield of faith to quench all the lies of the evil one.

I will not be afraid of that which tries to terrorize me in the night, nor of the invisible flaming arrows that the accuser tries to hit me with, nor of any kind of destroying plague or pandemic illness that walks in darkness, nor of any kind of destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come near me or near my household. Only with my eyes shall I look, and see the reward of the wicked.

Because I have made the LORD, who is my refuge, the Most High, my dwelling place, no evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near my dwelling; for He has given His angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways. In their hands they shall hold me up and protect me, to keep me from even being injured by accident. I shall tread upon the lion and the cobra; the young lion and the serpent I shall trample underfoot, because He has placed all demonic beings under His feet.

Oh, Lord you say about me, "Because you have set your love upon Me, therefore I will deliver you; I will set you on high, because you know My name. You shall call upon Me, and I will answer you; I Am with you in trouble; I will deliver you and honor you. With long life I will satisfy you, and show you My salvation."

I receive what You have spoken over me Lord, and I thank You for your constant warnings, protection, deliverance, honor and favor. I will not just be glad of this protection for myself, but I will try to convince those around me to run into the Secret Place as well, for it is still Today, the day of salvation. I pray for all those who have hardened their hearts~ or because of ignorance, foolishness or deception have placed themselves outside of Your protection~ that they may run to You for safety.

Psalm 91; Proverbs 18:10; Ephesians 6:10-18; Psalm 18:9; Hebrews 3:6-19


"Midnight Garden" is a photo composite by Karen Gladys Henry © 2007. Art and blog entry by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. All Rights Reserved. See title link for stock photo credits (my photo of the Cummer Garden).

No comments: