Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bouquet of Blessings


Greet this day with a joyful shout all you lands of my heart! I will serve the Lord with gladness! I come before His presence with singing! I know that it is God who made me, and I am His person, His sheep. I belong to Him. He is my Good Shepherd and my King. His pasture is green, and He directs and guides me with love.

I enter His beautiful gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. I express my thanks to you for all your tender mercies, which are everlasting. You are so very good, my Lord, therefore I bless your name. Your truth endures to all generations! I loose your truth on all the people in my family, on all those in my sphere of influence, that thanksgiving and praise may abound towards You. I choose to be a blessing to You today by spreading the fragrance of your love.

I desire not to come before You empty-handed, so I arrange a bouquet of thanksgiving to offer you. I call to mind all the multitude of your blessings, the answered prayers, the provisions, the people in my life small and great, the freedoms I enjoy, the ways in which You have spoken to me and touched my life. With each blessing I recall, I speak my thanks to you. Each is a flower for this bouquet. The fragrance of thanksgiving rises and clears out all the bad odors of passivity, discontent, grumbling, complaining, negativity and unbelief.

I stir up my faith with thanking You for all You have done for me and for all that You are. I appreciate You more each day-- Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit-- and I again bless your name. I lift this bouquet of blessings as a wave offering of thanksgiving to you. My heart dances with joy and my body responds with lightness of step.

God, You are good, good, good, and I thank you again today for Your great salvation!

Psalm 100; Exodus 34:20; Romans 1:21; Colossians 3:15; Psalm 97:12; Psalm 107:8; I Thessalonians 1:2, 5:18; Song of Solomon 1:3; II Corinthians 2:14-15; Revelation 4:9, 11:17

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." II Cor. 2:14

"For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God." II Cor. 4:15

"Flowers Say I Love You" is a photo composite by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. Art and blog entry by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. All Rights Reserved. See title link for stock photo credits.

No comments: