Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Victorious Warrior

I purpose it in my heart today to be the spiritual warrior God has called me to be. I am more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus my Lord! He is the victorious, mighty warrior called Faithful and True, and I am also faithful and true because He lives in me. I hate evil and love good, because I have the fear of the Lord.

Out of His mouth comes the sharp two-edged Sword with which He conquers all of His enemies. His powerful Word is in me, therefore I also have the power to defeat all of my enemies with the sword of the Spirit. Jesus has given me authority over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me. I rejoice that my name is written in His book.

I study the Word with diligence, and the Spirit of truth brings all things to my remembrance, so I have the word of wisdom I need at the time it is needed. My tongue is loosed from bonds of fear and timidity. I refuse to allow a religious spirit, false humility or apathy to steal my voice. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

God is Love, and I yield myself to Him, to be led by the Spirit of truth. Therefore, when I speak to people, I open my mouth with wisdom, and on my tongue is the law of kindness. I speak forth the truth in love. My enemies are not people, but demonic beings of darkness, and spiritual wickedness in high places. I determine to be gentle with people and ruthless against the spiritual enemy. However, I will not rail or rant or join the devil in his own game of accusation and slander: rather I will say "the Lord rebuke you," and "it is written. . . "

I come before the throne of grace and favor, boldly, seeking first His Kingdom. I know my Father loves me and it is His good pleasure to give me the Kingdom. He is restoring dominion in my life. I inquire of the Lord, submitting to Him and receiving His strategies. In His hand I become a flaming arrow against the evil of our times. Praise the Lord!


"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate." Proverbs 8:13

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Matthew 5:44

Amos 5:15; Deuteronomy 32:35, 41; Psalm 119:163, 149:6; Proverbs 31:26; I Corinthians 13: ; Ephesians 4:15, 6:12; Hebrews 4:12; Revelation 1:16, 19:11; Zechariah 3:2; Jude 1:9; Luke 10: 17-20; Psalm 7:9-13, 127:4

"Rise Up You Warriors and You Watchmen On the Wall" is a photo composite by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. Art and blog entry All Rights Reserved. See title link for stock photo credits.

No comments: