Sunday, May 3, 2009

Breakthrough


"Do not be discouraged! Your breakthrough is assured. Have I not promised it to you? Remember the way you felt when you started this painting? You were depressed, and you began painting the depression. You painted the desolation, coldness, isolation and loneliness that you felt then, and I surprised you by breaking through with a vision of my glory. You saw me touch the waters of your life, and the ripples began then. You knew me as the Lion, and trusted Me as that from a distance. But because you knew Me, you began to move towards me, and towards the promise of living in the light and beauty of My Kingdom.

You have been walking on that water ever since, keeping your eyes on Me most of the time, and most of the time feeling that you knew where you were going because you could see. Now you are feeling frightened: partly because you are getting closer to the Lion, and now you can feel Me but you cannot see Me, and partly because the ripples have turned into large waves, and there are dark storm clouds all around.

Do not be afraid to keep walking simply because you cannot see. If you were leading yourself, that would be the blind leading the blind. But I am leading you. You must learn to trust Me even when you cannot see. Your heart can see Me, but your mind's eye has not been trained to see what is coming. You have no words, no pictures, no sounds to describe something you have never seen or imagined, therefore you are unable to visualize. This is good, because now you are ready to receive My vision. Stay close to My presence and the sound of My voice, even if all you hear is a growl or a sigh, and you don't understand the words. I will guide you with My eye.

Do not fall into the temptation to despair when I show you things about yourself that must be brought to death. Have I ever left you that way? All you must do is remain in a position of humility and submission. I am doing a work, and I show you what was so that you can rejoice in My work when I am finished.

I am bringing you into your destiny, and the breakthrough you seek is something you cannot accomplish by trying or striving. I am the Master of Breakthroughs. I own them, and they serve me. You cannot make a breakthrough happen, you can only refrain from running backwards while My work is going on. I am changing you and your capacity to see, know, discern, receive, understand, and operate in a Realm in which you have never been, except in your dreams and in your imagination.

You cannot walk in My Lands with fear or pride, for they would devour you. You want to walk in My Lands, so let go of fear and pride. Leave them behind. Let them sink in the water. I am making that possible. I am making the impossible possible in you. Do not doubt. Do not despair. Do not be discouraged. I AM able. I AM willing. I AM!"

received on April 25, 2007

"Breakthrough" is an acrylic/mixed media painting by Karen Gladys Henry © 2007. Art and blog entry by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: