Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Submitted to Love


Love dwells in me. Love never fails. I rejoice in every opportunity to become completed in love.

God is Love. God dwells in me by His Spirit. Every time I submit myself to Love and walk in the Spirit, I choose to become more like Him. His Love is changing me into His likeness.

I confess these things over myself, for this is my destiny, to become like Him in His Love:

When I submit to Love, I suffer long and am kind;

When I submit to Love, I do not envy; I do not parade myself, I am not puffed up;

When I submit to Love, I do not behave rudely,

When I submit to Love, I do not seek my own, I am not provoked, I think no evil;

When I submit to Love, I do not rejoice in iniquity, but I rejoice in the truth;

When I submit to Love, I bear all things, I believe all things, I hope all things, I endure all things.

When I submit to Love, I do not fail, for Love never fails.

When I am reviled, I do not revile in return. When I suffer, I do not threaten, but I commit myself to Him who judges righteously. Rather when I am reviled, I bless; when I am persecuted I endure. I submit myself to Love and follow His example.

I love Him because He first loved me. I submit to Christ who is Love, for because of His perfect Love, I am saved from fear; I am becoming an ambassador of His Kingdom of Love.

I Corinthians 13:4-8; I Peter 2:23; I Corinthians 4:12; I John 4:10-21

The artwork "Love Never Fails" is a montage of my photos and hand calligraphy done on the computer. Art and blog entry by Karen Gladys Henry © 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: